Monday, November 28, 2011

Happenings Here at Home

I can't believe it already the 1st of December!  A busy month ahead of me as Christmas activities and preparations come into full swing. A busy month behind me as I've (almost) fall cleaned my house from top to bottom and have begun many activities. With fall cleaning I've gotten back into my groove of simplifying and organizing my home. A lot of things made their way to the MCC store or to the landfill. Pictures and frames waiting by the wayside are finally appearing on the walls thanks to me finally acknowledging that I do have some handywoman skills. I've done some rearranging that my back is suffering for now however I'm quite enjoying my new crafting area. Thanks to my mom we have her old dated floral couch set in our basement and it's looking not so 'tacky' as they completely compliment the colors on the walls. So now Wayne and I are sitting in comfort while we watch Jets games. Did you catch that? Yes, I'm watching hockey on TV. Something I thought I would never do. Not only that, I can now attach names to faces and am actually paying attention to the game. Shocking, I know. He hasn't said it out right but I quite certain Wayne is enjoying me taking part in game night dates.  

The kids have had quite the month too. Jake is in high gear in this house and I find myself placing things higher and forever checking to see of the stair gate is closed. He's already managed to have a second black eye after a nasty encounter with the corner of the dishwasher. The tough little guy was back to his dimpled smile only a half minute later. He's screeching a lot and had been driving us a little wild in the evenings as those eye teeth are taking their sweet old time in coming out. He's finally starting to get a little more cuddly but whips away so fast when those diaper tabs come undone and he's free. He's a workout alright trying to wrestle him back into clothing. Hanna has taken it upon herself to become very 'bossy' over her brother and tries her best(or worst) to undermine my authority. She's changed a lot in the last couple of weeks, a bigger girl attitude and just bit of growing up I think. She's been playing so much and using quite the imagination. Her latest gig is 'packing up' she fills every suitcase, bag, and purse to the max(but quite organized) and carries them around and then 'unpacks'. Pretend makeup has her quite busy to  thanks to a two dollar Dollarama buy. Much time has also been spent riding her bike in Wayne's woodworking shop while he's working.

So basically that alot of what we've been up to. At the moment I spend too much time on Pinterest, have taken up crocheting, am making lists to keep organized, reading books that have been stacking up for a while, enjoying the snow landscape, and sipping on a lot of coffee and hot chocolate. A lot of what's going on now is gearing up for Christmas and waiting like Hanna is, for "Jesus' birthday party"

The pics below are moments that have made me smile and brightened my days.

Jake finds himself stuck in a window frame while I'm fall cleaning, it was quite dramatic. 

Crocheting a scarf after a lovely visit with a friend who gave me the how-to lesson. So rewarding to see it take shape.

Our simple country Christmas tree.

This pumpkin is quite settled in for the winter I'd say.


Those lights were only a novelty until he got all tangled up. Kind of  an attempted photo shoot that you just give up on and can't help but sit and laugh.

And who could resist all that love and affection. He looks just smitten; and got about a dozen kisses.

Here's to more love and laughs.
God Bless Ye Merry Gentlemen!

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment