Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Raindrops of Gratitude

"Just before the death of flowers,
And before they are buried in snow,
There comes a festival season
When nature is all aglow."
- Author Unknown


It was so wonderful to wake up Monday morning to see that it had rained in the night. It wasn't much but the ground was wet and crystal beads of rain were shining every where. A Thanksgiving morning of splendid colors with the renewal of moisture. I couldn't resist taking Hanna out along with my camera and capture the colors of what's left in my flowerbeds.


I would be content with fall all year long but then I suppose the beauty would cease to amaze if there was never a change of season.


There is a harmony
In autumn, and a lustre in its sky,
Which through the summer is not heard or seen,
As if it could not be, as if it had not been!
Percy Bysshe Shelley




Showers of rain have been almost painfully few this late summer and fall. I gave up on watering the yard because it was all too dry to keep up with. We could count on one hand how many days of rain there have been lately. Yet on Thanksgiving morning there are countless drops of rain hanging on the branches till late in the morning. In this I'm reminded that despite the days when blessings seem few, God has not forgotten. With practice of Thankfulness we would recognize countless showers of blessings even when times are dry.


Hanna asked me to take a  picture of her and I because "we are best friends!" Good reason for a snapshot although I forgot the camera was zoomed in when I took it. :)

Christina

2 comments:

  1. I like that last one zoomed in...it's like you're both peering into the camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that fall is the best season! Thanks Christina for those pics! This year we didn't have nothing like that because we are starting up an acreage so we have seen dirt all summer so it has been a summer to enjoy everyone elses! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete